Friday, September 18, 2009

Laughing in the Colosseum


I love the Ancient Romans. I really, really do. So, of course my favorite part of Rome was the Colosseum. Just imagine this HUGE stadium back in the day. Thousands of people from all around the world probably came to see the sports that took place here, and of course they weren’t football.

We learned about all kinds of sports that were played, mostly involved death. They had animals fighting animals, people fighting animals, people fighting people. I guess it is even thought that they would fill part of it up with water and have naval type battles!
Now, of course, I would have been a gladiator. I imagine I would have won every battle... So what else could I do in the Colosseum but laugh at all of my triumphs.

2 comments:

  1. Bri!!!!!!! I am so happy that you are having a blast in Italy!!! I hope you are finding me a boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete