Monday, March 15, 2010

sleeping

I am a singer. I am an achiever. I am a dreamer. But, above all,
I am a sleeper.

It is a serious problem, I realize most college kids sleep through their classes, but I assume that's usually because they only got four hours of sleep the night before because of parties, homework, dates, facebook, etc. This is not the situation with me.

Yesterday was daylight savings, the worst day of the year for me. I went to bed at what was 12:00, but I guess actually 1:00. I woke up at 10:00. (9 hours of sleep) I ate breakfast, did my weekly weigh-in on the wii fit (didn't gain or lose...) sat down to read, and fell asleep. I slept from 12:30 - 3:00, making my count for the day 11 hours and 30 minutes.

That's regular. I sleep 11 hours a day.

I sleep through about 50% of my classes. My need for exessive sleep has led to a number of embarrasing moments, specifically moments involving loud snorting during lectures (Not an acutal snore... more like all the sudden my mouth kind of opens and my body can't decide whether it's breathing through my mouth or nose, and in, what I can only assume is some sort of unnatural alerting system, makes a loud pig noise letting everyone around me know the situation)... Which wouldn't be so bad if one of the two hundred kids who heard it laughed, instead they ALL look around awkwardly and kind of pretend it didn't happen, but I know from that moment on when they see me, I will be that girl who snorted in class.I get a lot of dates this way.

For those of you who are jumping to conclusions, I'll have you know I am never stressed, I sleep on a regular schedule, I eat healthy, and exercise regularly (I've lost 25 lbs since summer HOOTY WHOOOO!)

No comments:

Post a Comment