Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Fourth!!!

There was no better way to spend my fourth of July than going to lunch with some British friends at an Italian Restaurant, then not watching any fireworks... seriously

Yes, fourth of July weekend made me terribly homesick, but now that its gone I'm going back to loving it here!

So, I've picked up running again (some of you may call it speedwalking, but for me it is running). My mile is about 13 minutes :) so, hopefully in a month or so I can improve my speed enough that I"ll actually be competition for my grandma... probably not though. I would like to say running slow is in my genes, but my Grandpa was a track coach at BYU, and an Olympic track coach for a number of years. For some reason this speed gene did not get passed onto my mother. She has the same problem with people confusing her run for a speedwalk.

As usual, I'm trying to lose weight. Those of you who have been watching know I've lost over thirty pounds since last September. Sadly, I've hit a serious Plateau. This plateau is the reason for my running. So, i decided, as a motivating factor, I am going to make my weight loss goal public. Short term = lose 5 lbs by August.   Long term = Lose 25 lbs by Christmas
Seriously, I'm normally not the kind of person to make my personal battles public, but I think this will add the little extra pressure I need to reach my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Bri you are looking great. I believe in you. :)

    ReplyDelete