Friday, December 10, 2010

I have a skinny uncle

So, my uncle ran a 5k a little while ago, and he is looking fit and stuff and it motivated me to run a 5k. I decided I shall run it in February.

Now, I could run speed walk a 5k easily, but my goal is to have the speed of a normal 20 year old human, not that of a three legged poodle.

So, I woke up at the crack of dawn this morning (noon) and got over to the the gym to get some running in. It was terrible. As a reward for my motivation to get in running shape, my head phones severely shocked my right ear every five minutes or so. I screamed every time, which made everyone look at me as I shuffled at a measly 4.8 miles an hour. It was a little embarrassing. But damn you headphones, you will NOT keep me down! 

Brian, my dear uncle, you better watch your back, because I'm TOTALLY gonna outrun you.
Me = 4, uncle = 485

4 comments:

  1. Yay, I made your blog! You rock, Bri! I hope you do outrun me. (Well secretly I will still want to win!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I laughed out loud. But um hello I'm a little offended you have forgotten about ME! The one with the "Run a 5k before I die" plan!!! WHAT ABOUT ME! INCLUDE ME!
    Ok I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and just to clarify, I lol at the headphones shocking you, not the idea of you running a 5k. You go Glen CoCo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my full support on this one. This is way better than my goal to out-eat Adam Richmond of Man v. Food. I'll even make you a cake for celebration afterward. I'm super at supporting things.

    ReplyDelete