Friday, May 27, 2011

Yet Another Trip

Last weekend I went to Disneyland with some friends. I know. Shocker. First, I'll tell a story, then you'll have to let me explain why I go to Disneyland all the time.

There is a show in California Adventure called World of Color. Basically it's the fountain show at the Bellagio on some serious Disney Steroids. I absolutely love it. When we went this time, I wanted to have a good spot to see the show, so we saw a big open space right at the very front. The fact that is was labeled wet zone didn't deter us.

"How wet will we get?" My friend Kelsie asked me
"Psh, I'm sure it will just be like a light mist. Nothing Serious at all" I assured her.

The show started. Just as awesome as I had remembered it. then the REALLY high fountains went off

"WOOOOW" Everyone shouted.

Then the wind started to blow.

Those fountains came falling right on the wet zone. Gallons of water were dumped on us. At the same time, we couldn't turn away from the montage of Disney movies playing across the lake. So, each time a giant fountain shot up we all cooed "oooh  aaaaah" then as it came down, we screamed and ran away. It was my favorite part of the trip.

Best water ride in Disneyland? Front row to the World of Color show.

Now, let's talk about why I go to Disneyland so often.

I love to travel. I love to drive. I love to make time to have fun. I love to spend quality time with people who are dear to me. And, since I work seasonally in Walt Disney World, I get passes to Disneyland.

I love helping people take a break from school, drive all night, and pretend to be a kid again in Disneyland. It's really cool that I can get myself and three other people in to the park, and I want to share that with as many people as I can. Lots of people can't ever go because it costs too much, and I have the chance to let them go. I'm like the stinking Fairy Godmother, right? (Glass slippers not included)

1 comment: