Tuesday, August 23, 2011

She's so Lucky

Obviously, it's hard coming from working in the happiest place on earth to slaving away at BYU, so coming home was not something I was looking forward to. A couple lucky moments have kept me sane.

First, on the full flight from Orlando to Denver there was only ONE open seat on the entire plane. Well, guess who that seat was next to... ME! It made for an incredibly wonderful plane nap.

Now, I inherited my adventurous side from my father. Since he was the one booking my ticket home, when he saw that there was one plane that landed directly in Provo he booked it immediately. The airline was a mess, and the layover was terrible, but the worst part had to be the other passengers. 
Don't get me wrong, they were all INCREDIBLY kind, and they smelled clean enough. The only thing is, everyone was married. I'm not lying. And out of the large crowd of newly weds, there had to be at least 5 couples my age with a baby (or babies). I'm sure that they made the right decision, and I'm sure that they are so very in love, but Disney World is full of the most flamboyant, crazy, loving, single people I've ever met. I could just feel the pressure to get married building up sitting in a crowd of 20-something year old parents, and I already started to miss my home away from home.
Here is where I get lucky. I had a feeling I would be sitting next to a new mommy, or even worse, her crying baby. But I ended up sitting next to a familiar face. To describe how I know this girl, I have to insert a mini story. When I was a freshman my roommates and I made a silly little video and put it on Facebook. It got surprisingly popular, and I had at least 4 complete strangers add me as a friend on FB because they thought I was funny. Well, the girl I sat next to ended up being one of those people. That's right, I spent my flight sitting next to someone who already thought I was funny. Needless to say, it was the perfect time to spout off a few of my favorite jungle jokes, all of which she laughed at. Not to sound sentimental, but this little blessing made my transition home much easier, and taught me that no matter how hard it is for me to find people in Provo who think I'm great, they do exist. 

Side Note: Seriously, I don't dislike people who have children. For real. And I love Children. It was just the change in the people around me that made me upset, not the people themselves. The mountains made me sad too, and I'm obsessed with those things. Ok. Just had to explain that to made sure no one had hurt feelings.

Then I drove home in my new car. No big deal.

Inserting picture to make this post look less wordy...


Seriously, I don't know why I let myself feel low so often, I have to be the luckiest person I know.

2 comments:

  1. There are plenty of people in Provo (or Orem) who think you're great! Welcome home, Bri! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you home and back to your computer so you can blog.

    ReplyDelete