Monday, January 23, 2012

Birbigliography

I love Mike Birbiglia. He is probably the comedian I quote more than any other, and I love him. Great writer, great character.

Well, thank heaven for my amazing parents who got us TICKETS to go see him. Everyone had been having a pretty bad day (a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day to be more specific).
We had terrible seats, right behind some people who obviously smoked way too much, and right in front of a girl who felt the need to laugh obnoxiously to impress her boyfriend. It may have been one of the best nights of my life.

After the show, I wanted to meet him. No one else did, but since I had the worst day everyone had to do what I wanted (muahahaha) Except my mom... who stood off to the side.

While waiting to meet him I planed all sorts of great things I could say to him. "Hey! I'm HUGE fan, I can quote almost all your bits" or maybe "You know, I'm an aspiring comedian... kind of" or just "Oh gosh, I don't know what I'm supposed to say, but I just really want you to like me." It did not go according to plan... We accidentally filmed him, which is against the rules... who knew? So we got scolded. I couldn't think of anything clever to say. But, again, it was amazing. I mean, he was so nice, and I stinking met Mike Birgbiglia!!!!

Thank goodness we look cute in this picture...


This keeps my track record of making an awkward situation out of any meeting with a celebrity. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment