Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Don't Worry, I'm a Professional

Procrastination.

A terribly original topic for a college student to blog about, I know.
But seriously, no one can procrastinate like I can.

The new semester started on January 4th. It is January 25th. I have not done any homework. None. For those of you who know me well, you know that it was a rough beginning to a semester (very, very rough... embarrassingly rough) and I really just could not force myself to think about school. Avoiding homework has been fine until now, because there were no due dates, but tomorrow 3 weeks of papers are due, 3 weeks are readings are to be summarized, 3 weeks of documentaries are to be analyzed, and 16 chapters of the Iliad are to be read. Oops.

I'm sure my mother is having a panic attack right now just reading this, and it is taking everything in her NOT to pick up the phone and ask me how I'm going to get all of this done (please mom, put the phone down, forget you read this post, and watch some Law and Order). You see, I am a professional. It will be done, and it will be done well. I will also go to the gym, get 8 hours of sleep, and clean my room (maybe I'm kidding myself with the clean room). Somehow when these things pile up something turns on inside of me and I can do super human things. 

Wouldn't it be great if I could be super human when there weren't a million things due in one day? Too bad I'm regularly too busy napping and watching late night talk shows...
Picture to make this post look more interesting, and pop art style to distract anyone from noticing that this picture is 100% pointless.

1 comment:

  1. I am with ya girlfriend. I haven't done any homework at all yet either...sigh. I'm waiting for a due date to come up to make me do it. I wish we could procrastinate together...sniff sniff :(

    ReplyDelete