Saturday, April 14, 2012

Girl on Fire

Me two months ago:
Psh. Hunger Games. 
Never. No. I don't want to see it, thank you.

Me the night before the premiere:
It's going to be just like Twilight.
Not interested.

Me after reading a few reviews:
Stupid.
But I'll see it in the dollar theater

Me on Monday:
I would go if someone asked me...
but I'd go in protest

Me yesterday afternoon:
"Hey... Dad? What are you doing tomorrow?"
"Metal detecting." (duh)
"Do you, uh, want to go see Hunger Games with me?"
"When? I've got a lot of metal detecting to do"

Me right now:
I need archery lessons
And I need to learn how to use a throwing knife...
And I'm going to french braid my hair every day...
I love Peeta...
Shoot, I love Hunger Games!!!

The hipster in me fought a good fight, but lost to the pop-culture obsessed, blockbuster loving, adventure story side of me. I saw Hunger Games.

And what better way to watch the highest grossing blockbuster film of all time than with my dad and my little sister on a Saturday afternoon.
Anticipation building!!! ... even though Brooke had already seen it
We're movies with popcorn people... specifically kettle corn.
This is me pretending I'm still not excited
Since I've joined the Hunger Games team I think I'm going to go all the way with it.

I hope you're all looking forward to meeting my first child: Katniss Peeta Gale Primrose District 12 Bow and Arrow Mocking Jay Effie Trinket Fire "May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor" Gyllenhaal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment