Thursday, June 7, 2012

Children Have Blogs

The title of my blog may be a little, oh how do I say this, misleading? Inaccurate? A complete lie?

It's time to come clean.

I'm not an adult by anyone's standards.

When I finished high school, I moved into the freshman dorms at BYU and knew that I'd be done living at home forever. Or at least until the next year. I technically had an apartment my sophomore and junior year, meaning that rent was paid, but half the time I just went to my parent's house and slept there. This last year, I finally recognized that paying rent for an apartment I didn't sleep in was ridiculous, and I moved back home.

Oh, I'm sorry, did you think that I paid for my own rent? Nope. Still too much of a child to do that. (Gotta stop doing these unpaid internships.)

When I did leave home for a job I went to a theme park... where I wore a costume... and pretended I was a jungle explorer.

I can't kneel while I say my prayers because I'm afraid of what might be under the bed.

My favorite movies are all cartoons.

I had a cookie for breakfast this morning, then rootbeer for lunch.

No one in their right mind should allow me to be on my own.

I could graduate in December, my baby sister is married, my Junior Prom date is engaged, the girls I watched when I was a counselor at summer camps are in college, I could have gone on a mission and returned by now, my next exciting birthday age is 30, I have a hip replacement. I AM OLD! (The hip replacement is a lie, but it might as well be true at my age).

The title shall now unofficially be "Adults with a Peter Pan Complex have Blogs"


No comments:

Post a Comment