Friday, August 31, 2012

A New Roommate


My roommates were interns, and they needed to leave when their internship ended. Where was I going to go?! I don't have friends who live here permanently, and rent is outrageous.

Lucky for me, my mom found Willo.

Willo is the 89 year old mother of a family friend. She lives here in Burbank, and has an extra room. I stay there now.

It's been a little bit of a transition switching from living with my twenty-something year old roommates to living with Willo. She thought my friend Michael was my son. She won't let me turn the air-conditioning on at night. She can't hear the doorbell ring when I'm locked out.

But after one week of living with her, I'm starting to love it. She watches the Dodgers all day. She eats ice cream every night. She dyes her hair red. She's pretty cool.

My favorite thing has been exploring the things that are stored in the room that I'm staying in.


1 comment:

  1. I love it. Tell your new roommate hello for me.

    ReplyDelete