Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Name Dropping... and a Picture to Prove it

It's hard to write to much about my days out here. Not for a lack of experiences.

I have an amazing job, and crazy things happen. I've worked two award shows, and I work on a late night talk show. I have met a lot of people. Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Shane West, Robert Pattinson, Chris Hemsworth, Rebecca Black, Kristen Stewart, Zachary Levi, Liam Neeson, Zoey Deschanel, the cast of Pretty Little Liars, Carly Ray Jepson, Jack Black, Joel McHale, cast of Vampire Diaries, Puck from Glee. Ok. A lot of people.

And there are a lot of stories.

But, at the end of the day, this is my job, and those people are my bosses. They deserve my respect and discretion (I will say that when Zachary Levi smiled at me backstage at the Teen Choice Awards, I just about died).
Heart stopped, knees gone. This was after meeting the boys from Vampire Diaries, Justin Bieber, and Chris Hemsworth.
Finally, I met someone outside of work.

Yesterday, while working in the audience at CONAN, Dominic Monaghan announced that he would be at Moe's (a local restaurant) after the show. I had to go. My love for him started with Lord of the Rings, but really reached its peak when I started watching Lost. Lost founded the most important friendship I've ever had, and Charlie was our favorite character.

As soon as the show was finished, I hopped on my bike and raced over. I beat him there. Two other employees from CONAN showed up. We asked to sit at a table right by the door. We had an empty seat. When he came in the door, he was bombarded with fans asking for pictures and autographs. I like to think I looked cool and collected sitting at my table, but I'm sure I looked giddy.
He finally got through the crowd, saw our open chair, and sat down at our table. He pulled out friendship bracelets, and gave one to each of us. I don't know what I said, and I can't remember how he responded. After a little bit, he was waved to another table and off he went.


We sat for a moment before Eric Stonestreet (aka Cam on Modern Family) walked in the door.

Eric and Dominic sat together at the table next to us. A few CONAN audience members walked in the door. They looked nervous, so I offered to introduce them and take a picture (mostly so I could talk to him again). I walked them over to his table, and Dominic started really talking, and we had a real conversation, and it ended on his feelings about Chick-Fil-A.

We decided to take a picture showing off the friendship bracelets he had given us. He told us to tweet it to him. So I did. That's when Dominic Monaghan retweeted a picture of me.

I went home, proud that I met someone I really admired, and excited that I finally had a famous person encounter that I could actually share on my blog.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri, you deserve all that and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful and amazing. I love to experience these things through you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... did you talk about Lost? I would have talked about Lost. I'm a total Lost geek.

    ReplyDelete