Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Movin' on up

I am the Dubs PA on Conan.

This is the normal reaction.

"Ah! What? How exciting! I'm so happy for you... That's great that you're... uh... what do you do?"

My mom seems to call me every other day asking me to explain my job to her again.

Basically, I take each act of the show (each act is broken up by commercials) and edit them together, I make a bunch of copies, then I give those copies to 10 people around the office. I archive the show, and make sure it's saved in 3 places. That's about it.

I also work with all the old shows. My first week in, I had to go back and find scenes from shows recorded on giant VHS like tapes from the 90s. I have to use this machine


I pulled stills to highlight characters played by one of our amazing writers, Brian McCann. It was his last day.


While it doesn't look like I did a lot, I was SO excited to have something I helped create be on the show.

1 comment: