Tuesday, June 11, 2013

No more Conan, No more Jungle

I'm sure you've noticed my absence (right?). I'm here to say it's not because I am lazy, or because I forgot about my little blog. I didn't know what to write about my life. I felt out of place, a little lost, and I had nothing I was eager to share.

My little solo road trip reminded me of my independence, and my constant craving to take risks. So, I took a huge risk. I decided to leave an amazing, full-time position on a television show that I love with people I love.

Working at Conan was something I had dreamed of since I was in high school. I always wanted to move to Hollywood, be a part of showbiz, be rich and famous (ok, Conan didn't make me rich or famous). Working at Conan was amazing. I met people I idolize. Not celebrities, but my coworkers. Leaving was probably the hardest decision I have ever had to make.

Taking a new position also meant I had to quit my seasonal position at the Jungle Cruise. The Jungle Cruise was the first place I ever felt like I belonged, the first place I felt like I could really be myself. For the last three years I have spent every holiday but Christmas with my family in Florida, because they are just that. Family. They took me in to their homes, drove me around endlessly (because I never had a car), fed me, praised me, loved me endlessly, played games with me until 3:00 in the morning, called me their daughter, twin, best friend. I wish I could write every memory I have with them. Sneaking into pools, getting in trouble for lying about a lunch reservation, waiting an hour for the CP bus at 4:00 in the morning, crying and getting movie tickets, hiding from the rain, drag bingo, late night trips to the hospital, crazy roommates, road trips of epic proportions, dancing on the dock, a friend giving me his coat when I was too cold to talk, crying and getting movie tickets, twilight themed cruises, hitting squeeze play, reenacting the entire musical Les Mis, Twin super powers in Heads Up...

Whoa. Hold on while I dry my tears, and you wake up from the nap you were obviously taking during that list.

You may be asking yourself, "Where is Bri now?" (or you may be asking yourself "What should I eat for lunch?" but I only know the answer to the Bri question)

I'm working as an intern in the Cast Events, Activities and Recognition in Disneyland. Today was my second day, and I am in LOOOOOOVE with it.

A snapchat... that I downloaded... I think it really defeated the purpose of Snapchat, but we'll just have to deal with it.

My desk! By a window! With a comfy chair! And decorations!
Things feel right, and exciting. 

I have so much more to say, but I've rambled enough, and I'm determined to go to a 6:00 Bikram yoga class tomorrow.


5 comments:

  1. HOW EXCITING!!!!!!
    You go, Bri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm slow on my blog reading! I'm glad I got to attend your final jungle cruise. I like your dress in the photo. Looking pretty!

    ReplyDelete